A Lawyer’s Prayer to St. Thomas More*
I pray, for the glory of God and in the pursuit of His justice, that I, with You, St. Thomas More, may be trustworthy with confidences, keen in study, accurate in analysis, correct in conclusion, able in argument, loyal to clients, honest with all, courteous to adversaries, ever attentive to conscience. Sit with me at my desk and listen with me to my clients’ tales. Read with me in my library and stand always beside me so that today I shall not, to win a point, lose my soul.
Pray for me, and with me, that my family may find in me what Your family found in You: friendship and courage, cheerfulness and charity, diligence in duties, counsel in adversity, patience in pain—their good servant, but God’s first. Amen.
- Experienced Divorce/Family Mediator, Divorce Coach, Skilled Teacher/Facilitator
- Expertise in high conflict divorce resolution, mediation and high conflict coparenting issues
- “Help for Those in High Conflict Divorce or Post Divorce”
- “High Conflict Cases Can Still Be Mediated”
- “Unchecked Assumptions Kill Relationships and Problem Solving”
- “Turn Outward Not Inward and You Will Change Your Situation”
- “Listening Beyond the Conflict”
- “Tampa Divorce Coaching will Work for You”
- “Mediation is the Best Place to Tell Your Story”.
- “Divorce Coaching Saves You Money”
- Public Presentations: We have been guest speakers at multiple venues directed at families, attorneys, and paralegals and provided information on the mediation process in high conflict situations.
- Hoarding Symposium, 2011
- Elder Mediation including issues of sibling rivalries and successive business planning
- Caregiver Stress
- Overview of Divorce Mediation for Paralegals (Florida Bar Course #24893)
- Juris Doctorate – J.D. Law, Marquette Law School
- B.A. English with a concentration in Psychology, University of South Florida
- A.A. – Associated Arts Degree, Manatee Community College
- Family Mediation and Certification Training
- Adoption Competency Certification Training
- Florida Chapter of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (FLAFCC)- “Spirit of Cooperation Seminar”
- Certified Pre-School Teacher
- Certified Faith Formation Instructor for the St. Petersburg Diocese
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Moot Court Finalist
- Graduate USF Cum Laude
Sanchez & Baietto, LLC
- Divorce/Family Mediation- specializing in high conflict family situations.
- Relationship Mediation
- Divorce/Workplace Coaching
- Elder Mediation
- Workplace Mediation
Law Office of Brenda A. Baietto, P.A.
- Owner, operator, litigator
- Ran and managed my own law firm for 7 years located in both St. Petersburg and Tampa
- Supervised staff of 5
- Practice areas: civil litigation with an emphasis in family law and criminal law
- Participated as advocate and mediator of family, personal injury claims and a host of other civil actions
Certified Pre-School Teacher at Jewish Community Center, Tampa Florida
- Prepared lesson plans and participated in curriculum development
- Lead teacher for class of 3-4 year olds for two years
- Conducted child evaluations and recommendations
- Engaged in parent/teacher conferences
- NAEYCE proficient
- In collaboration with the Florida Bar, assisted low income individuals to establish voting rights and repeat offenders to reinstate their voting rights.
- Lobbyist and Advocate for developmentally disabled adults in regard to issues concerning state services.
- Eucharistic Minister for seniors in ALF’s on behalf of the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
- Pro-bono legal work on behalf of low income families.
- Catechist for 5th-8th graders at St. Lawrence Parish.
- Founder, director, co-creator of the High Conflict Divorce Program (HCDP).
- Co-developed curriculum and strategies specific to high conflict parenting class.
- Specialized strategies and techniques for conducting high conflict mediations.
- Strong ability to assess underlying motivations and redirect one or both parties away from conflict dynamic.
- Co-developed courses with continuing education credits for Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors, Attorneys and Paralegals.