Canavox is a marriage movement. Its purpose is to bring people face to face to engage in the art of conversation about the positives of marriage and about the various issues affecting the marriage culture. It is forward thinking and a solutions-focused network of friends for marriage.
So what does it mean to be a positive marriage movement? For Canavox it means the following 7 important principles:
1. Marriage is a comprehensive, permanent, and exclusive union between one man and one woman.
2. Every child has a right to a mother and a father; no one has a right to a child.
3. Family kinship bonds between children, parents, grandparents, and extended family should be protected and preserved.
4. Every person has a profound need to be appreciated, known, and loved in the context of authentic friendship.
5. Every person possesses a unique dignity and is worth of respect, regardless of sex, age, ethnicity, sexual feelings, race, educational level or religious or political ideas.
6. Parents have the right and responsibility to direct and guide the education of their children.
7. Every person has a right to freedom of conscience, thought, and religion, which includes the freedom to manifest one’s religion or beliefs in a public or private way so long as these beliefs and practices do not harm others.
Want a deeper understanding? Go here and read more. Also, check out the Dear Katy blog here because it is good. It’s good because what she says is true. she is not going to solve your problem. she is going to tell you what is true about the concerns she is addressing.
If you decide you like all of this, I encourage you to join a reading group. I hope to be starting one in Tampa very soon. I will keep you all posted.